Light up your family tree
Wherever your family history journey leads you, our group of genealogy enthusiasts and experts can help you along the way. We sponsor monthly classes, workshops and seminars in Santa Clara, California, and our members everywhere receive our monthly newsletter.
Follow us on Twitter! @SVCGG
Next meeting: Saturday, 11 January 2014, List of classes
(We have no meeting in December. Happy holidays to everyone!)
Join live broadcast of monthly meeting - Click Here 10 min before class
The link above will be available starting ~10 minutes before scheduled start time.
Reload this page to be sure the link is active on your screen (e.g., hold down shift key & press the reload icon on your browser, some browsers show this as an arrow in a circle (Chrome, Firefox & Safari) or two curved arrows forming a circle (Internet Explorer).)
- The SVCGG fall seminar, Military Records Seminar, held on Saturday, 9 November was a GREAT success! Read a summary of the seminar, and purchase a copy the Military Records Seminar syllabus casebook.
- Added a revised link to download the latest version of Personal Ancestral File (PAF) to our Downloads page - NEW
- Silicon Valley Computer Genealogy Group newsletter, PastFinder, wins 2013 NGS award in new a category, Major Genealogy Society Newsletter!
- Frustrated by the missing links to pages & resources on the new FamilySearch.Org? Here are links for some of our missing favorites:
- SVCGG recorded meeting classes are now available free on the SVCGG YouTube Playlist starting with March 2013. Typically one class per month is being recorded and posted on YouTube (Subject to gremlins beyond, or within, our control.)
- The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) releases their 2013 Workshop Schedule and registration details for the San Francisco area! Check out the schedule, here.